Snow, cancelled appointments and taking care of bidness
Wow, everyone else has such pretty blogs. I only have words, and a precious few of those. If any of you graphically oriented bloggers want to pretty up this here blog, just let me know.
The guy who owns this particular coffee shop is a study in meanness. Just listening to him -- just the tone, not even the words -- wears me out. Really, I am not advocating ostrich-in-the-sand pretend we are all friends, which is arguably my birthright.
Speaking of non-pleasantness -- one of the baristas (Starbucks leads us into a hell where we have a professional class known as baristas!) is a newly minted friend with whom things started a bit rocky for me. It seemed at first, as she and my gf became friends, that her idea of play was learned while watching Roseanne. One cut down, slight, ball bust after another. The first few were kind of funny, but after I found myself feeling called forth to battle just to feel not-quite-under-heel I had to say something. Her first response was, "I'm sorry, I guess I am used to hanging with people that can take it." HUH? I grew up with 4 brothers and two sisters -- I can take anything you dish... I just don't fucking want to!
Never fear, though -- we have found a peaceful ground on which to pitch our little tent of friendship.
I've been wanting to blog about ecstasy... jusy haven't yet. I'll start now.
Ecstasy is a drug all should use at least once. I say, "all", but what I really mean is everyone who does not suffer from neuro-chemical disabilities. A caveat for my caveat -- I am not a doctor or even close. I have just read the summaries of lots of medical studies and several mention people who have mental disorders having problems. I also suspect that folks ahould wait unil they are past the hormonal and emotional tumultuousness of adolescence. There, now that I'm done with the boring disclaimers, or is it claimers?, I'll get on with my blog.
Well... no I won't. I have a date with vegging out during a snowstorm to keep.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home