Reality Schmeality
I had great things to write yesterday about reality and bias and assumptions, but its gone. Yesterday's reality, I guess.
The hangover of that talk leads me to be disturbingly admiring of President Bush's position as articulated in his recent inaugural. The man is re-creating reality for the whole fucking world. God, I deplore who he is and what he believes, but I cannot help but admire his conmmitment and conviction. He is taking his progressively regressive worldview and out progressively progressing progressives by actually enacting a revolution, instead of singing songs about it. OK, so his inaugural is not really much more than a song and he is not going to change his policies vis a vis barbaric tyrannies any time soon (is he?), but with his single minded determination and his willingness to dismiss facts in favor of his interpretations lead me to believe that whatever he does next, he will do it. Why don't we have any liberals or progressives who so unabashedly speak of universals and beliefs? I know a few reasons, but I just don't buy it. Fuckers!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home